Best Software for Mental Health Providers
Billing Software for Mental Health
Our Providers always ask us what is the best billing software for Mental Health Practice. Before sharing which three Softwares are best for your practice to let’s focus on the basic requirements of any billing software. Mental health software can be used by practices or clinics of any size, as its functionality can vary from basic to robust. The software also helps practices and clinics become more paperless, efficient, and focused on providing the best possible patient care. Some medical tools that mental health software can integrate with—to buff up their feature sets—include medical billing software, EHR software, medical scheduling software, LIMS software, and pharmacy management software.
Mental health software bridges the gap between standalone or general health care solutions, which may not be able to provide all the functionality a practice needs, such as the provision of psychiatric SOAP notes templates or an ONC-ATCB-certified EHR. With mental health software, therapists, physicians, and other behavioral health professionals can simplify both their front-office and patient-facing workflows, ensure compliance with code and industry regulations, and enable interoperability.
According to E2E Medical Billing Services, following three Softwares are really good and as per your practice size you can choose any one of the following:
- TherapyNotes is a cloud-based mental/behavioral health software system that includes electronic health records (EHR), a patient portal, patient scheduling, and medical billing. The solution is suitable for practices of all sizes, including those with multiple locations or with providers who need access outside the office.
- TherapyNotes provides access to several types of specialty note templates for various types of medical practices such as psychotherapy, psychiatry, and behavioral health. Using TherapyNotes, medical professionals can create and customize treatment plans, progress notes, psychological evaluations, termination notes and more.
- The solution also includes a billing module, which gives providers the ability to create statements and billing reports. The credit card processing module lets users enter/swipe cards directly into the system and save card information for future transactions. Users can create recurring appointments, set staff work schedules and send appointment reminders to the patients directly from the system. TherapyNotes is a HIPAA-certified application and complies with PCI standards for data security. All data is stored in a fully encrypted SAS 70 Type II certified data center.
- Therabill is a HIPAA- and ARRA-compliant cloud-based practice management solution for mental health and speech therapists. With Therabill, providers can submit billing claims, manage schedules, enter treatment notes and maintain patient information. Users can access the system anywhere, anytime, from any web-enabled device.
- Available to both single and group therapy practices, Therabill is suitable for speech-language pathologists, mental and behavioral health specialists, developmental therapists, social workers, psychologists, and nutritionists.
- With Therabill, providers can document sessions using customizable templates. Additional features include scheduling with drag-and-drop functionality and automatic appointment reminders, patient invoicing, built-in reporting and unlimited electronic claim submissions to thousands of insurance companies and government payers.
- SimplePractice allows users to self-schedule, submit fully paperless intakes ahead of a session, and pay directly in the free Client Portal without you ever handling a credit card. SimplePractice allows you to send free appointment reminders to reduce no-shows (text/voice/email), send secure messages to clients and billing teams.
- SimplePractice’s mobile app enables you to run a business on the go with all the same security and privacy features you’ve come to expect from SimplePractice. Integrated Telehealth means a user can see clients from anywhere, including phones, so you and your clients can always find a way to connect! SimplePractice integrated payment solution plus fully electronic insurance claims processing and management from start to finish helps to get paid quickly.
Medical billing and coding for mental health are challenging as compared to other medical specialties. Outsourcing your medical billing and coding could be a good option as you can dedicatedly focus on your core practice responsibilities only. To know more about our behavioral health billing and coding services you can call us at 888-552-1290 or write to us at info@e2eMedicalBilling.com